Ingrid’s better than I am at posting what I’ve been up to recently – thanks Ingrid!
Felicity Young, author of several successful crime novels and recent resident writer at Matty Furphy House (Fellowship of Australian Writers) ran a workshop for budding crime writers on the 28th June.
A few crime writing tips fromFelicity.
- Draw a plot arc to show major events in your story
- Draw a character arc for each main character, showing crisis,change of heart etc
- Summarise scenes or chapters on palm cards and lay them out, experimenting with the order of events ( or use Scrivener). You can colour code the cards indicating character’s POV.
- Solving sodoku puzzles in between writing May help with plotting
- Research for accuracy
- Keep a disciplined writing routine
- Make sure your writing environment is comfortable so you can look forward to settling down to work
- You don’t have to write what you know provided you can interview someone who does.
View original post 68 more words